- Media Library
- News & Events
- Producers Engineers Wing
- GRAMMY U
Los Angeles - Now Accepting Internship Applications for Summer 2012
The Recording Academy – Los Angeles Chapter Summer 2012 Internship
The Internship Program offers a unique opportunity for current college students (sophomore or junior), who are interested in careers in the recording industry, to gain on-site training in event management, office administration, membership development and artist relations in return for college credit.
Candidates should be energetic, hard-working and have aspirations of a career in the music industry or music education. Journalism students whose goal is to write for music publications are encouraged to apply. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is important.
Interns may assist The Recording Academy in a variety of professional and educational outreach programs and capacities including GRAMMY Foundation programs (i.e., GRAMMY Camp-SoundCheck, GRAMMY Camp-Basic Trainingetc.), Chapter blogs, event planning, research; and database management. In conjunction with this learning experience, interns will receive in-depth exposure to techniques and practices of a professional recording industry organization and perform administrative duties which may include mailings, photocopying, filing, running errands and answering phones.
- Be currently enrolled in a college/university as a sophomore or junior.
- Letter from school stating that intern will receive college credit for Recording Academy internship.
- Display an interest in music and commitment to a career in the recording industry.
- Possess strong verbal, written and analytical skills.
- Exhibit computer skills and typing proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Internship duration is for the summer (10 weeks or equivalent).
- Hours are part time (20 hours a week minimum).
- Intern will work on site during regular business hours as well as some evenings and weekends.
- Internship provides in-depth exposure to a professional recording organization's techniques and practices.
To be considered for an internship with the Los Angeles Chapter for the summer beginning May or June 2012, please download the application at www.grammy.org/recording-academy/jobs/internshipsand submit via emailto firstname.lastname@example.org May 4, 2012.
*The application asks for two letters of recommendation which do not have to be submitted until after an interview is scheduled. Please provide all other information as specified.